There are two main steps to create a player character in Torphalos and they should be done simultaneously and cooperatively with the other players.
- Create the character’s place in the world
- Select your character’s statistics
To create your character’s place in the world you need to write a short Character Story that explains who they are and why they are part of the adventuring party. There are a few crucial parts which this story should include:
- What is your character’s motivation for adventuring?
- How do you know the other PCs? (having meaningful connections to each other is important)
- Why do the other PCs like and value your character?
To select your character’s statistics go through the following three steps. At the end you will have a short sentence of the form: “I am a <descriptor> <type> who <focus>”
Once you have finished selecting your Type, Descriptor and Focus, you will also have some extra Equipment that you will be able to purchase.
Back to: Main Page